Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ambush Bug: Year None

Ambush Bug has a special place in my heart. It was the first comic book series I collected. I was 12 and my Dad took me to a comic book convention and suggested I looked into the series. It wasn't a newer series it had been out for a while so I found them pretty cheap. I fell in love with the series instantly. So naturally I love the new series as well.

Story + Pencils- Keith Giffen
Dialog- Flemming


Summary:

Jonni DC had been murdered. She can't for a word balloon so she decides to leave a clue because she knows that the DCU is full of detectives who can figure out who her murder was. Ambush Bug is looking to buy some new major appliances. Unfortunately the store he went to doesn't sell anything without a dead body in it. And of course cheeks the toy wonder is in the issue. Ambush Bug decides to track down Jonni's murder. This whole issue is just a spoof of Identity Crisis. Ambush Bug goes on a wild goose chase across the DCU to try and track down her murder and doesn't find anything. I really don't know what all to say about this issue. It has tons of funny pages but not really much to explain in a review. I suggest picking it up sometime

No comments: